Excursions and popular sights
... around St. Martin bei Lofer
The area of Maria Kirchental is popular with visitors, where you can also find the pilgrimage church of the same name, also dubbed the “Pinzgauer Dom” (Pinzgau cathedral), a listed building.
Ruins of the Pass Strub fortress
The fortress ruins are located in Lofer, on the Tyrol border, and was the site of many battles.
Kalchofengut in Unken
The Kalchofengut is a 16th century farmhouse which was converted into a local history museum in the 1980s.
Naturpark Weißbach (Weißbach Nature Park)
You can expect numerous adventure trails, wild herb walks, and torchlit hikes. And last but not least a wide variety of animal and plant life.
More excursions in and around St. Martin:
- Rupertus Therme Bad Reichenhall spa and family resort
- Kaprun high mountain reservoirs
- Leogang mining museum and demonstration mine
- Familienland Pillersee adventure park
- Jakobskreuz St. Ulrich am Pillersee (a cross-shaped building with viewing platforms)
- Triassic Park – Steinplatte in Waidring
- Krimml waterfalls with the Krimml “Worlds of Water“ (WunderWasserWelt)