The Martinerhof grew out of the "Gartner - Krämerei" store, which was first mentioned in documents in 1655, but which had probably existed earlier than that, and was formerly housed in the building of the bakery opposite the present Martinerhof.
The "Gartner-Wirt" guesthouse was purchased by husband and wife, Franz and Barbara Schreder in 1928. Josef Dürnberger the son of the Soderbauer farmer from Hallenstein, inherited theguesthouse in 1950.
His first wife, Kathi died several years later and he married again, to Gretl, a cook at the "Blaue Gans" in Salzburg, who was born in Zillertal (Gerlos).
The couple grew out of the old Gartner house and built the new Martinerhof in the vegetable garden on the opposite side in 1954. After some initial difficulties, their situation improved and Gretl Dürnberger managed the inn so efficiently that she went on to build a ballroom, which was completed in 1961. The ballroom was converted into a dining room in 1979, and the Martinerhof was purchased by the current owners, the Bader family, in 1985.
Following some extensive renovations and additions, the Martinerhof can now accommodate 70 people in 35 double rooms, all equipped with shower/WC, telephone and balcony. This is topped off with a sauna, solarium and lift, à la carte restaurant with terrace and a lawn.
The tobacconist's shop (a store for newspapers cigarettes and souvenirs) with a post office has moved into the building in 1998. Ongoing renovations and refurbishments now provide a contemporary standard of accommodation in comfortable rooms.